Fruit 'n' Cheese Kabobs
The home economist in our test kitchen came up with this colorful combination. It's a simple, nutritious snack that's a snap to put together, much to the delight of busy holiday cooks!
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 block (1 pound) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 block (1 pound) cheddar cheese
- 1 block (1 pound) baby Swiss cheese
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 to 2 pounds seedless green or red grapes
- 3 pints strawberries
- Cut cheese into chunks or slices. If desired, cut into shapes with
- small cutters. Alternately thread cheese and fruit onto wooden
- skewers. Serve immediately. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.