Fruit 'n' Cheese Kabobs with Strawberry Dip
Juicy, colorful fruit pairs with mozzarella cheese for a special treat in this kabob recipe. The sweet and tangy strawberry dip makes an ideal accompaniment. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 4 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 inch each)
- 4 cantaloupe balls
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, chopped strawberries, jam,
- honey, lemon juice and peel until combined. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving.
- On two skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, cheese cubes and
- cantaloupe. Serve with dip. Yield: 2 kabobs and 1/2 cup dip.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob and 1/4 cup dip (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 268 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.