Fruit 'n' Almond-Stuffed Brie Recipe
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan with high sides, combine the almonds, apricots and brandy. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until liquid is almost evaporated. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut cheese in half horizontally; place bottom half in the center of pastry. Spread with half of the almond mixture. Top with remaining cheese and almond mixture.
- Fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; add raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Strain and discard seeds. Transfer sauce to a small pitcher or bowl; serve with stuffed Brie and crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Almond-Stuffed Brie
Sort By :
"I use apricot jam, top with sliced almonds and wrap in crescent roll pastry...bake for 20 mins. Easy and delicious and I give it 5 starts"
"I felt the flavor was overpowered by the brandy. I won't make it again."
"My guests loved this sophisticated recipe!"
"Well ... I'm 'old' and I just cut to the chase with this sort of thing (and it's damned good!). Purchase frozen pie crusts, defrost, insert Brie/jam and what ever floats your boat, and into the oven.Can't remember there being any 'left overs.'fae"