Our friends enjoy this special appetizer as part of all our Christmas celebrations. An apricot filling and a raspberry topping make it more special than the usual Brie cheese spread.—Douglas Wasdyke, Effort, Pennsylvania
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan with high sides, combine the almonds, apricots and brandy. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until liquid is almost evaporated. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut cheese in half horizontally; place bottom half in the center of pastry. Spread with half of the almond mixture. Top with remaining cheese and almond mixture.
- Fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; add raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Strain and discard seeds. Transfer sauce to a small pitcher or bowl; serve with stuffed Brie and crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Almond-Stuffed Brie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p101
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Almond-Stuffed Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review