Fruit & Nut Salad Recipe
The festive colors in this salad make it a delightful addition to the holiday spread. Quick and easy, this recipe tastes good and is also good for you.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, gently stir the bananas, apples, marshmallows, cranberries and whipped topping. Fold in 1/4 cup peanuts. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts just before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC