Fruit & Nut Harvest Stuffing Recipe
If you're looking for a dish to win over family and friends, you can't go wrong with my fruit and nut stuffing. I made it for the first Thanksgiving I celebrated with my fiance's extended family. It was a hit! —Amy Burton, Cary, North Carolina
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons each poultry seasoning, ground ginger and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add the apple, garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Place stuffing cubes in a large bowl. Stir in the broth, butter, apricots, nuts, raisins and sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup equals 338 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit & Nut Harvest Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC