Fruit & Nut Cereal Bars Recipe
- 8 cups cornflakes
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornflakes, apricots, peanuts, dates, coconut and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cool. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 18 servings.
1 bar: 283 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Fruit & Nut Cereal Bars
"These are amazing! I've made them so many times, sometimes I mix it up and use sunflower kernels instead of peanuts, and add dried cranberries, dried pineapple, or dried berries!"
"This is a really easy, good reccipe. Took it into work and it was well received. I think next time I will try something different than dates - it's just a personal preferrence; I'm not much for dates. Will definitely make again."
"These are so good and you can add any dried fruit to it to make it yours. I think you need to push down on the cereal when putting it in the 9x13 pan to have it stick together better, makes it easier to eat in a bar shape."
"Just made these today and they are excellent! Would make a great snack to pack for picnics, hikes or camping. Or even bring to a potluck or brunch. I did make a few changes/substitutions. I replaced the apricots with dried cranberries, and as for the coconut and sesame seeds I toasted them separately before adding to the mixture. They are quite sweet so when melting the marshmallows and butter I added a pinch of salt. Made these for our 4 hour early morning flight on Sunday and can't wait to surprise everyone with this tasty treat :)"