Fruit & Nut Bread
This recipe makes great use of convenient frozen bread dough. The tender bread makes a pretty loaf to bring to a holiday gathering or to give as a gift.— Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Turn bread dough onto a floured surface; roll out to 1-in. thickness.
- Sprinkle the walnuts, raisins, cranberries and dates over dough;
- fold over and knead well until the fruit and nuts are evenly mixed
- into dough. Shape into a round loaf and place in a greased 9-in.
- round baking pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Beat egg white
- and honey; brush over loaf. With a sharp knife, make 2 shallow
- crosses across top of loaf. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 170 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,