This special stuffing recipe has been a Thanksgiving tradition with our family for many years. It reminds us of home, family, and all the things that make the holiday season so special. —Kathleen Specht, Clinton, Montana
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage links or flavor of your choice, finely chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add sausage, dried fruit, walnuts and pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Add stuffing cubes; toss to combine. Stir in enough water to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fruit & Nut Andouille Stuffing in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p47
Reviews for Fruit & Nut Andouille Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review