This special stuffing recipe has been a Thanksgiving tradition with our family for many years. It reminds us of home, family, and all the things that make the holiday season so special. —Kathleen Specht, Clinton, Montana
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links or flavor of your choice, finely chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add sausage, dried fruit, walnuts and pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Add stuffing cubes; toss to combine. Stir in enough water to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fruit & Nut Andouille Stuffing in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p47
Reviews for Fruit & Nut Andouille Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review