Fruit & Cream Layered Salad Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and extract until smooth. Add yogurt; beat until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer the peaches, strawberries and blueberries. Top with half of the whipped topping mixture. Layer with grapes, oranges and remaining whipped topping mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup (calculated without optional strawberries) equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.