Fruit & Cream Layered Salad Recipe
Being from the South, I love salads, especially fruit salads. I also try to cook healthier foods, since everyone is trying to watch what they eat. I found a similar recipe to this one a few years ago and have revised it to make it a lot healthier. April Lane - Greeneville, TN
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and extract until smooth. Add yogurt; beat until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer the peaches, strawberries and blueberries. Top with half of the whipped topping mixture. Layer with grapes, oranges and remaining whipped topping mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Fruit & Cream Layered Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p31
Reviews for Fruit & Cream Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"I took this to a summer garden party and it was a big hit.I only put the cream in the seconed layer...bringing the rest with me so others could add more if they choose to. The topping ended up also being used on another person's cobbler dish (it was yummy).Peaches were not in season so I used canned and they were good."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
"Excellent! I am always asked for the recipe whenever I serve this. I have changed it slightly, adding marionberries, raspberries and blackberries. Still delicious!"