- into sugar mixture until blended (batter will be thick). Stir in the
- carrots, apricots, currants and ginger.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with
- flour; pour batter into pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, orange
- juice and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 25-30 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove
- from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Stir in apricots and currants.
- Spoon over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 256 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.