Frozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert Recipe
- 12 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Set aside 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 2. Gently spread frozen yogurt over crumbs. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 3. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 220 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Frozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert
"Made this last Christmas, and used a special Peppermint frozen yogurt I found just for the holidays. It was a huge hit! Very easy and yummy. Planning for a repeat performance this Christmas!"
"Loved it and easy to make!"
"I made this dessert for a picnic. It was a BIGhit. Will definitely make it again!"
"My family absolutely loved this great dessert.They were busy making suggestion on otheice cream centers they would like to have.I wouldn't hesitate to make this again. Itis a great "company" dessert treat. There were no leftovers!!!!! ):"
"Oh, my goodness, Peoples! You have to try *this recipe. Recipe-Bot says, "... you can freeze the rest for later." Let me tell you, it took great restraint on my part to put the last two pieces in the freezer... and they were gone the next day. Poor hubby wanted to know where it was when he went to get some... OOPSIES! You snooze, you lose. I'm going on a retreat tomorrow and my car-pool group is the first supper (not the last one ) tomorrow night's meal (our group likes to get it out of the way and enjoy the weekend). I asked my friend if she thought it would be okay to serve this, I got a resounding "Oh, yes!. That was sooo good! That would be great." (We also like 'easy and awesomely yummy', but with little or no clean up', which means that almost EVERYTHING is disposable.) *If you don't care for frozen yogurt and/or low-fat ingredients, everything can be substituted for the regular "rich" stuff. Recipe-Bot, this is one great food. Thanks for submitting it. "