- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dash salt
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine juice with sugar, eggs and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in pineapple, celery, apples and pecans. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze until firm. Let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Waldorf Salad
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was thumbs down for all. WAY TOO SWEET ! My son's girlfriend took to work and they also agreed. Ended up dumping it down the sink."
"So good that I usually save it for dessert! This was my late mother-in-law's favorite fruit salad. I think she made it by the same method, so this must be a classic recipe."