Frozen Tiramisu Dessert Recipe
Our daughter-in-law loves tiramisu so I knew I had to try this recipe. Not only is it easy to prepare, it's absolutely delicious. Get ready to dole out seconds!—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:12 servings
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 5 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed and divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao, optional
- 1. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Cool to room temperature; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers. Set aside 1/4 cup crushed candy for topping. Stir coffee mixture and remaining crushed candy into ice cream. Spoon into prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in creme de cacao if desired. Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved candy. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 314 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC