- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 5 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed and divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao, optional
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Cool to room temperature; set aside.
- Meanwhile, line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers. Set aside 1/4 cup crushed candy for topping. Stir coffee mixture and remaining crushed candy into ice cream. Spoon into prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in creme de cacao if desired. Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved candy. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Tiramisu Dessert
Sort By :
"Yum!! Yum!! Will not disappoint! Note to bflogal77- if you think you'll miss the Mascarpone-there is another recipe on the TOH website that does incorporate it (listed as Frozen Tiramisu)."
"What a cool recipe! I am going to find a dish which can fit into my RV freezer and take it on a camping trip! Wouldn't THAT knock their socks off. I love the flavors in it! It DOES taste like Tiramisu. Thanks for sharing."
"It was good, but nothing can be accurately called Tiramisu without the addition of Mascarpone . I am going to work with this recipe and see how i can introduce it."