Frozen Tiramisu Recipe
Java fans will jump for this frosty mocha dessert. Because it requires time to freeze, it’s a great make-ahead option. —April Harmon, Greeneville, Tennessee
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 4 teaspoons rum
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1-1/2 quarts plus 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Additional bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting edges hang over sides; set aside. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum; brush over ladyfingers. Arrange ladyfingers over bottom and around sides of prepared pan, rounded sides out.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chocolate; spread into pan. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, liqueur and sugar. Stir in cream until smooth.
- To serve, unmold dessert, using ends of plastic wrap to lift from pan. Remove plastic. Cut into slices. Serve with sauce and garnish with additional grated chocolate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Tiramisu in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p51
Reviews for Frozen Tiramisu(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >