Frozen Sundae Pie Recipe
“This can be assembled before hand without the bananas, then put them on top right before serving,” suggests Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. “I also use different types of ice cream from time to time.” It's like a banana split in a pie.
- 9 chocolate wafers
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Arrange wafers in a 7-in. pie plate, breaking wafers as necessary. Spread ice cream into crust. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle fudge topping over pie; top with banana slices. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Sundae Pie in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p63
Reviews for Frozen Sundae Pie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >