This can be assembled beforehand without the bananas—put them on top right before serving. I also use different types of ice cream from time to time; it's like a banana split in a pie. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 9 chocolate wafers
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Arrange wafers in a 7-in. pie plate, breaking wafers as necessary. Spread ice cream into crust. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle fudge topping over pie; top with banana slices. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Sundae Pie in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p63
Reviews for Frozen Sundae Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review