Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
"After losing 60 pounds, I wanted a lower-fat version of the ice cream I make in my ice cream freezer," writes Teri Van Wey of Salina, Kansas. "Even my co-workers enjoyed this recipe."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice
- cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's
- directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to
- freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing
- headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with
- any remaining ice cream mixture
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.