Frozen Strawberry Torte Recipe
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 loaf (13.6 ounces) reduced-fat pound cake
- 1. In a bowl, mash 1 cup strawberries with sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Add milk and food coloring if desired. Sprinkle with pudding mix; stir until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer; spread remaining strawberry mixture over top and sides of cake.
- 2. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (1 slice) equals 175 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.