Frozen Strawberry Torte Recipe
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 loaf (13.6 ounces) reduced-fat pound cake
- 1. In a bowl, mash 1 cup strawberries with sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Add milk and food coloring if desired. Sprinkle with pudding mix; stir until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer; spread remaining strawberry mixture over top and sides of cake.
- 2. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 175 calories, 1g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 0.550mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Torte
"Quick and easy and nice presentation and taste."
"Great recipe for a girl baby shower!"
"I also used angel food cake loafs to make it lighter!"
"It was very good! I made one with strawberries and one with fresh nectarines! The nectarine one was my families favorite! Very refreshing at our 4th of july cookout~"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.