"I first tried this special dessert one day when I was expecting company and wanted to serve something other that strawberry shortcake," recalls Linda Lamy of Mason, New Hampshire. "The berry mixture makes such a pretty filling and frosting...and it's an easy way to dress up a purchased pound cake."
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 loaf (13.6 ounces) reduced-fat pound cake
- In a bowl, mash 1 cup strawberries with sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Add milk and food coloring if desired. Sprinkle with pudding mix; stir until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer; spread remaining strawberry mixture over top and sides of cake.
- Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Strawberry Torte in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review