Frozen Strawberry Torte Recipe
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 loaf (13.6 ounces) reduced-fat pound cake
- In a bowl, mash 1 cup strawberries with sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Add milk and food coloring if desired. Sprinkle with pudding mix; stir until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer; spread remaining strawberry mixture over top and sides of cake.
- Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Torte
Sort By :
Great recipe for a girl baby shower!
I also used angel food cake loafs to make it lighter!
It was very good! I made one with strawberries and one with fresh nectarines! The nectarine one was my families favorite! Very refreshing at our 4th of july cookout~
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >