This is a cool and refreshing dessert. Strawberry flavor comes through in this fresh-tasting dessert with a nice chewy shortbread crust and crumbled topping. —Gayleen Grote, Battle View, North Dakota
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble the baked pecan mixture; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Sprinkle the remaining mixture into an 8-in. square dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Strawberry Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p47
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review