In Hobson, Montana, Darlene White mixes up this sweet fruity slush using juices, berries and soft drink mix. Then she stores it in the freezer for unexpected company. Simply pour a little citrus soda over scoops of the colorful mixture for frosty and refreshing beverages.
- 1 can (46 ounces) DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 envelopes unsweetened cherry soft drink mix or other red flavor of your choice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT:
- Grapefruit or citrus soda
- In a 6-qt. container, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring every 2 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- For each serving: Place 1/2 cup fruit slush in a glass. Add 1/2 cup soda. Yield: about 5 quarts.
Originally published as Fruit Slush in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p62
Reviews for Frozen Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2010
"I use Tropical Punch flavored drink mix. People always rave over this. It's not as sweet as some punch recipes and is light and refreshing."
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2010
"I have used cherry or strawberry jello (large box) instead of the soft drink mix."