In Hobson, Montana, Darlene White mixes up this sweet fruity slush using juices, berries and soft drink mix. Then she stores it in the freezer for unexpected company. Simply pour a little citrus soda over scoops of the colorful mixture for frosty and refreshing beverages.
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 envelopes unsweetened cherry soft drink mix or other red flavor of your choice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT:
- Grapefruit or citrus soda
- In a 6-qt. container, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring every 2 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- For each serving: Place 1/2 cup fruit slush in a glass. Add 1/2 cup soda. Yield: about 5 quarts.
Originally published as Fruit Slush in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p62
Reviews for Frozen Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review