Sweet and refreshing, this pretty pink slush stores well in the freezer, so it's great to have on hand for summer guests. Just thaw and add ginger ale or lemon-lime soda. Aahhh! —Danielle Brandt, Ruthton, Minnesota
- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 11 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Rhubarb curls, optional
- In a Dutch oven, bring the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Press through a sieve; discard pulp. Stir in gelatin and lemon juice until dissolved.
- Transfer to a freezer container and freeze, stirring occasionally, until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen rhubarb mixture: In a punch bowl or several pitchers, combine equal amounts of rhubarb mixture and ginger ale. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup rhubarb mixture and 1/2 cup ginger ale in a glass. Garnish with rhubarb curls if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 22 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Rhubarb Slush in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p65
Reviews for Frozen Rhubarb Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review