Frozen Raspberry Pie Recipe
Guests' eyes will light up at the sight of this appealing make-ahead pie from Dorothy Latta-McCarty. "The light raspberry flavor is accented by the pleasant crunch of almonds," notes the Lakewood, Colorado cook. "It's especially refreshing in summer."
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1 cup raspberry sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping and almonds, optional
- 1. Place marshmallow creme in a deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until marshmallow creme puffs and becomes smooth when stirred.
- 2. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Stir in yogurt and sherbet. Fold in whipped topping and almonds.
- 3. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping and almonds if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece equals 338 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC