Frozen Raspberry Pie
Guests' eyes will light up at the sight of this appealing make-ahead pie from Dorothy Latta-McCarty. "The light raspberry flavor is accented by the pleasant crunch of almonds," notes the Lakewood, Colorado cook. "It's especially refreshing in summer."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1 cup raspberry sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping and almonds, optional
- Place marshmallow creme in a deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until marshmallow creme puffs and
- becomes smooth when stirred.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Stir in yogurt and
- sherbet. Fold in whipped topping and almonds.
- Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Remove
- from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped
- topping and almonds if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 338 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.