Frozen Raspberry Cream Squares
Everyone who tries the declare it a hit! I also like to use strawberries or blackberries in place of the raspberries.Roberta Miller, Deming, Washington
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups finely crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 65 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter. Press half of the
- crumb mixture into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray.
- Set remaining crumb mixture aside. Sprinkle berries over crust.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and sugar; gradually stir in
- half-and-half until smooth. Pour over berries. Sprinkle with
- remaining crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 237 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.