- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, rum,
- cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, salt and nutmeg. Transfer to a large
- bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Press waxed paper
- onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into
- pumpkin mixture.
- In each of eight dessert dishes, layer 4 teaspoons walnut mixture and
- 1/2 cup mousse; repeat layers. Freeze for at least 3 hours or
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat remaining cream until
- stiff peaks form. Garnish parfaits with whipped cream and remaining
- walnut mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Parfaits can be frozen up to 3 days before serving. Store glazed walnuts in an airtight container. Prepare whipped cream and garnish as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 parfait equals 952 calories, 66 g fat (32 g saturated fat), 412 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.