Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits Recipe
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup dark rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, toffee bits, brown sugar and butter. Press into a thin layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Break into small pieces.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups whipping cream and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin, rum, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, salt and nutmeg. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Press waxed paper onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 5. In each of eight dessert dishes, layer 4 teaspoons walnut mixture and 1/2 cup mousse; repeat layers. Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 6. Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Garnish parfaits with whipped cream and remaining walnut mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 parfait: 952 calories, 66g fat (32g saturated fat), 412mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (74g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits
"I divided recipe by 4 for 2 people. I didn't add the brickle toffee bits. Rich and delicious.Thank you, Jane for sharing this recipe."