Frozen Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
This ice cream dessert can be prepared and frozen weeks in advance. I've found it has more mass appeal than traditional pumpkin pie. —Susan Bennett, Edmond, Oklahoma
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Fold in ice cream. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 2. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 181 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC