- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- In a small bowl, combine the wafers, finely chopped pistachios and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the pudding.
- Set aside 3/4 cup whipped topping for garnish; fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Pour filling over crust. Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping.
- For sauce, place the raspberries, sugar and liqueur in a food processor. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Refrigerate until serving.
- Remove dessert from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chopped pistachios and remaining whipped topping. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Pistachio Dessert with Raspberry Sauce
Sort By :
"This was yummy! I didn't get around to making the raspberry sauce but nobody missed it. Will definitely make the sauce next time."
"Excellent dessert! I used the full 8oz of cream cheese. The sauce really makes this delicious and any leftover can be used on ice cream sundaes."
"My family loved this dessert. The raspberry sauce was good but time consuming. We had a lot leftover but it's good on ice cream etc. I'll definitely make it again."
"Light, refreshing and delicious! I thought the raspberry sauce was a nice addition, adding a little tartness to the sweetness; however, my husband preferred it without the sauce. Definitely a repeat at our house!"
"Lots of compliments. Used the full 8 oz. cream cheese, substituted raspberry liqueur for the orange in the sauce. The dessert is good-with the sauce it is exceptional"