Frozen Pineapple Parfaits Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring every 30 seconds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Place 1/4 cup sherbet in two dessert dishes; top each with about 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture and 2 tablespoons granola. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 parfait equals 325 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Pineapple Parfaits
"This is excellent on a hot summer day and one my family absolutely loves. It's a keeper, for sure."