Frozen Pineapple Parfaits
Zesty pineapple and crunchy granola make this icy cold treat perfect for those too-hot-to-move days of summer. Dorothy LaCombe in Hamburg, New York shared the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a microwave-safe
- bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, cinnamon and reserved juice.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture boils,
- stirring every 30 seconds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place 1/4 cup sherbet in two dessert dishes; top each with about 2
- tablespoons pineapple mixture and 2 tablespoons granola. Cover and
- freeze for 30 minutes.
- Repeat layers. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Remove
- from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 parfait equals 325 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.