Zesty pineapple and crunchy granola make this icy cold treat perfect for those too-hot-to-move days of summer. Dorothy LaCombe in Hamburg, New York shared the recipe.
Recommended: 20 Super Cool Icebox Desserts
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring every 30 seconds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place 1/4 cup sherbet in two dessert dishes; top each with about 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture and 2 tablespoons granola. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Repeat layers. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Pineapple Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p27
Reviews for Frozen Pineapple Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2010
"This is excellent on a hot summer day and one my family absolutely loves. It's a keeper, for sure."