Frozen Peppermint Delight Recipe
"If you’re looking for a dessert that’s festive, delicious and easy to make, this is the one for you. Drizzled in hot fudge sauce and loaded with pretty peppermint pieces, this almost tempting treat will have guests asking for seconds."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + freezing YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 gallon peppermint ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candy
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze until solid. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 2. Just before serving, drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with peppermint candy. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 564 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC