Frozen Peppermint Cream
My mother made this when I was young and it's still a favorite dessert of mine on Christmas Eve. It's the perfect dessert for a big holiday dinner.
—Maureen Collop, Bothell, Washington
8-12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla;
- beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the peppermint candy,
- marshmallows and walnuts. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining
- graham cracker crumbs. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the
- freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 309 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.