My mother made this when I was young and it's still a favorite dessert of mine on Christmas Eve. It's the perfect dessert for a big holiday dinner. —Maureen Collop, Bothell, Washington
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the peppermint candy, marshmallows and walnuts. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Peppermint Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p80
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Peppermint Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review