Frozen Peanut Butter Torte Recipe
"You can't miss with this peanutty summer dessert," assures field editor Penny Kester of Springville, New York.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine the peanut butter, corn syrup and honey; carefully spread half over crust. Spread with half the ice cream. Drop remaining peanut butter mixture over ice cream. Sprinkle with half the nuts. Top with remaining ice cream and nuts. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 408 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Peanut Butter Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC