Frozen Peanut Butter Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine the peanut butter, corn syrup and honey; carefully spread half over crust. Spread with half the ice cream. Drop remaining peanut butter mixture over ice cream. Sprinkle with half the nuts. Top with remaining ice cream and nuts. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 slice: 408 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Frozen Peanut Butter Torte
"One of my alltime favorite summer dessert recipes. Easy to make and never any leftovers! This dessert satisfies your cravings for sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy all in one!"