Frozen Peanut Butter Torte
"You can't miss with this peanutty summer dessert," assures field editor Penny Kester of Springville, New York.
9-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Pat into a greased
- 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the peanut butter, corn syrup and honey; carefully spread
- half over crust. Spread with half the ice cream. Drop remaining
- peanut butter mixture over ice cream. Sprinkle with half the nuts.
- Top with remaining ice cream and nuts. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 408 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.