- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the peanut butter, corn syrup and honey; carefully spread half over crust. Spread with half the ice cream. Drop remaining peanut butter mixture over ice cream. Sprinkle with half the nuts. Top with remaining ice cream and nuts. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Peanut Butter Torte in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p67
Reviews for Frozen Peanut Butter Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 5, 2012
"One of my alltime favorite summer dessert recipes. Easy to make and never any leftovers! This dessert satisfies your cravings for sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy all in one!"