Frozen Peach Yogurt Recipe
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Place peaches in a blender. Cover and process until blended; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and salt until sugar dissolves. Add the yogurt, vanilla and reserved peaches.
- 2. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
3/4 cup equals 149 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.