- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place peaches in a blender. Cover and process until blended; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and salt until sugar dissolves. Add the yogurt, vanilla and reserved peaches.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Frozen Peach Yogurt
Sort By :
"Made this but used fresh blackberry juice (seeds removed) instead of the peaches. Tasted great!"
"This was so good and light for a dessert on a hot summers day. My family loved it."
"I haven't made this recipe yet but it is on my list to try out. MFL said she did nectarines which is great as I have family members with peach allergies. I am just wondering how much extra sugar was used in the second batch, thanksAngie"
"I often made this for a special treat when we had guests while living in Senegal, Africa. Peaches were unavailable so I used mangoes. Back then, I couldn't buy ready-made yogurt in Senegal, so I made it myself. I had a hand-crank ice cream freezer--the kind where you pre-freeze the inside cyclinder. It was ABSOLUTELY worth the effort! This is excellent!"
"It is great! :) Thanks! If you don't have the machine, you can just put it into the freezer container with a lid and freeze it, but after 1/1 - 1 hour it needs to be remixed, and it must be done about 3 times. That's the way that avoids making big ice crystals."