A refreshing, peachy filling and a buttery graham cracker crust are the perfect pair. I’ve found that this pie can be frozen up to three days. —Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 9-in. pie plates. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a blender, combine the milk, lemon juice, orange juice, peaches and lemon peel; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into peach mixture.
- Spoon into crusts. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Originally published as Frozen Peach Pies in Country Extra September 2008 , p49
Reviews for Frozen Peach Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review