Frozen Peach Dessert
I use peaches in most every way you can think of. In this recipe, some simple and delicious ingredients like fresh peaches, sugar and cream combine in a delightful way.Sharon W. Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
10 ServingsPrep: 65 min. + freezing
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 drops almond extract
- Fresh mint and additional peaches, optional
- In a blender or food processor, process peaches until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; add sugar. Let stand for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat cream and extract until soft peaks form. Fold into
- the peach mixture. Pour into a 6-cup mold or freezer-safe bowl lined
- with plastic wrap. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Unmold onto a serving plate about 1 hour before serving. Return to
- the freezer. Garnish with mint and peaches if desired. Cut into
- wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 231 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.