Frozen Orange Delight
“Knowing a diabetic friend would be attending our cookout, I concocted this sorbet-like treat so she wouldn't miss out on dessert,” Diane Daniel of Birmingham, Alabama reports. “I’ve also made it with sugar-free cherry and raspberry gelatin with great results.”
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in pineapple
- juice. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer
- two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator
- freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings (1 quart).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 140 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.