“Knowing a diabetic friend would be attending our cookout, I concocted this sorbet-like treat so she wouldn't miss out on dessert,” Diane Daniel of Birmingham, Alabama reports. “I’ve also made it with sugar-free cherry and raspberry gelatin with great results.”
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings (1 quart).
Originally published as Frozen Orange Delight in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p60
Reviews for Frozen Orange Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"I don't have an ice cream freezer. Can this be frozen in a 6 cup Pyrex dish? Thanks."