“Knowing a diabetic friend would be attending our cookout, I concocted this sorbet-like treat so she wouldn't miss out on dessert,” Diane Daniel of Birmingham, Alabama reports. “I’ve also made it with sugar-free cherry and raspberry gelatin with great results.”
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice, chilled
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings (1 quart).
Originally published as Frozen Orange Delight in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p60
Reviews for Frozen Orange Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"I don't have an ice cream freezer. Can this be frozen in a 6 cup Pyrex dish? Thanks."