Frozen Orange Cream Pie Recipe
Dessert doesn't get much easier than this frosty five-ingredient favorite from Nancy Horsburgh. "It's cool and refreshing," promises the Everett, Ontario reader "Children like it because it tastes like a popular ice cream treat."
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the ice cream and orange juice concentrate. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 244 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC