Frozen Mud Pie Recipe
Here's one of those "looks like you fussed" desserts that is so easy it's become a standard for me. I love the mocha version, but pure chocolate lovers may prefer using chocolate chip ice cream. The cookie crust is a snap to make. —Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson, Lusby, Maryland
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups chocolate chip or coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- Additional Oreo cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar if desired. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon 2 cups ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half the chocolate syrup; swirl with knife. Carefully top with remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whole cookies if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Mud Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p31
Reviews for Frozen Mud Pie(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2012
YUM! I like to use chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.