Here's one of those "looks like you fussed" desserts that is so easy it's become a standard for me. I love the mocha version, but pure chocolate lovers may prefer using chocolate chip ice cream. The cookie crust is a snap to make. —Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson, Lusby, Maryland
Featured In: Cookies and Cream Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups chocolate chip or coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Additional Oreo cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar if desired. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon 2 cups ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half of the chocolate syrup; swirl with a knife. Gently top with remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whole cookies if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Mud Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p31
Reviews for Frozen Mud Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2016
"Quick dessert to assemble. Came out pretty despite my lack of decorating talents."
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2012
"YUM! I like to use chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.~ Theresa"