Frozen Mousse Brownie Sandwiches Recipe
Try this tempting take on store-bought ice cream sandwiches that relies on convenient brownie and pudding mixes. The frosty hand-held treats have a sweet filling tucked between fudgy brownie layers. --Test Kitchen
- 1 package reduced-fat brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of two 13x9-in. baking pans with parchment paper. Coat the paper with cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; divide batter evenly between the pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until edges just begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For mousse, in a bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Stir a small amount of the pudding into the melted chips, then return all to the pudding. Fold in whipped topping.
- 4. Cover two large cutting boards or inverted 15x10x1-in. baking pans with plastic wrap. Invert one pan of brownies onto prepared board or pan. Gently peel off the parchment paper. Spread the mousse to within 1/2 in. of edges. Carefully invert second brownie layer onto second board or pan. Gently peel off parchment paper, then place right side up over mousse filling.
- 5. Cover and freeze for about 4 hours or until the filling is firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting into sandwiches. Individually wrap leftover sandwiches; store in the freezer. Yield: 15 servings.
One sandwich equals 206 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Frozen Mousse Brownie Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC