Frozen Mocha Torte Recipe
For an easy, make-ahead dessert that's elegant and luscious, try this recipe. The perfect blend of mocha and chocolate is in each cool refreshing slice. It never lasts long in the freezer.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and chocolate syrup until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; add to cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with coffee beans if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 414 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC