Frozen Mocha Cheesecake
This dessert is oh-so-rich and handy to have in the freezer for unexpected company (like we had last night!). I grew up with eight brothers who devoured a cake every day! That meant my mother and I spent many evenings in the kitchen...and we never heard of cake mixes back then!
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Combine crust ingredients. Press into the bottom of a 9-in.
- springform pan; set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and syrup. Dissolve coffee in water; add to bowl.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust; freeze at least 6 hours.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.